We are super proud of our small crew of very dedicated rink volunteers. Our hockey rink and pleasure rink are both officially open! Please enjoy and spread the word.
PS – If you use the hockey nets, please pull them off the ice after use so they don’t melt into the ice and cause dips in the ice.
And if you want to help maintain the rink please email us.
SVCA is very excited to host Yoga at the Southview Community Hall, Mondays nights from 6:30pm-7:30-pm.
Please share this with your neighbors, attached is a poster, please print it and post it around the neighborhood. Thank you!
- Starts November, 6 2017
- Mondays 6:30-7:30pm
- Southview Community Hall, Main Hall, 2020 33rd Street SE
- $5 drop in
All welcome. Membership required
Instructor: Bev McArthur.
Hatha Yoga class, designed for all levels. It will deepen your understanding of the postures, the breathing, and the relaxation techniques. This class will be making use of basic weight-bearing yoga poses, such as tree, side angle, triangle and warrior, and lunges. We will then move on to seated poses such as twists, backbends and forward folds.
Please bring your own mat and water bottle.
The 2016-17 Annual General Meeting will be held on June 21/17 at the Southview Community Hall – 2020 33 ST SE. The AGM will begin at 7 pm.
The meeting will be followed by a meet and greet in Snoopy’s Pub.
You will need a membership to vote but everyone is welcome. You can buy memberships on our website (https://southviewyyc.com/) if we missed you at the door.
At the AGM we will be voting on a revised set of Bylaws. You may view them here:
Southview Bylaws-June 21 2017 For Resolution
As the fall arrives your new Southview Community Association board is getting ready to get down to official business.
The group is working towards an inclusive and open relationship with all Southview residents. As such, they will be making time prior to all official board meetings to meet folks from the community as well as introduce other key resources that contribute to Southview’s success.
Please feel welcome to come see us Wednesday evening. Bring a neighbour and bring any questions, ideas or feedback you have for the board and the city officials that will be in attendance.
See you there!
On behalf of the Board of Directors of the Southview Community Association, I hope you are all having a great summer.
Your new board was elected on June 1st and has been very busy since that time. I‘d like to offer thanks to the outgoing board for their hard work and dedication over the years.
We have a number of initiatives already underway, here is a quick update:
• We have a new Hall Manager who will be streamlining operations and assisting with bookings and rentals of our facilities.
• The Board is actively seeking your feedback on what you‘d like to see in the coming months. We have great infrastructure that we want to better utilize to offer programming in the community. We‘d like to see regular programs and special events that will propel Southview to be one of Calgary‘s best neighbourhoods.
• We need people with passion to help get the ball rolling. If you‘d like to take part, please contact us. This board is looking to connect with all Southview residents that want to help us build a better community. There are current opportunities for the Skating Rink Committee and Hall Maintenance.
• Please stay tuned for more details on a Community Potluck Barbeque to be held at Snoopy‘s on September 17th, 5:00pm.
Watch for a new newsletter in September, and our community website. Look below for other ways you can stay in touch.
Please, get involved and help us make Southview even better!
George Harris | President, SouthviewYYC | firstname.lastname@example.org