Southview Community Association thanks the International Avenue BRZ for their donation of snacks and beverages for our Neighbour Day – Community Beautification Initiative.
We also want to thank the community members who came out to help clean up 32 Street (behind Rexall Drugs) and along 19th Ave.
We are proud of our community and excited about great things to come!
Southview Community Association Board of Directors
The Pulse, your community newsletter has been published for January and February 2019, read it here: https://southviewyyc.files.wordpress.com/2019/02/2019-feb-southview-the-pulse.pdf
The Southview Community Association Board of Directors are calling a Special General Meeting on Tuesday, Nov 27 2018 at 7:00pm at the Southview Community Hall (Main Banquet Hall).
To approve the allocation of funds toward legal representation and other costs to oppose the supervised consumption site in Southview.
Members of the Southview Community Association
As per our association bylaws:
- Only registered members are allowed to vote
- Non-members are welcome to attend, however cannot vote
- Membership will be sold at the door before the meetings or your can purchase your membership online (memberships run June 1 2018 to May 31 2019)
We are super proud of our small crew of very dedicated rink volunteers. Our hockey rink and pleasure rink are both officially open! Please enjoy and spread the word.
PS – If you use the hockey nets, please pull them off the ice after use so they don’t melt into the ice and cause dips in the ice.
And if you want to help maintain the rink please email us.
On behalf of the Board of Directors of the Southview Community Association, I hope you are all having a great summer.
Your new board was elected on June 1st and has been very busy since that time. I‘d like to offer thanks to the outgoing board for their hard work and dedication over the years.
We have a number of initiatives already underway, here is a quick update:
• We have a new Hall Manager who will be streamlining operations and assisting with bookings and rentals of our facilities.
• The Board is actively seeking your feedback on what you‘d like to see in the coming months. We have great infrastructure that we want to better utilize to offer programming in the community. We‘d like to see regular programs and special events that will propel Southview to be one of Calgary‘s best neighbourhoods.
• We need people with passion to help get the ball rolling. If you‘d like to take part, please contact us. This board is looking to connect with all Southview residents that want to help us build a better community. There are current opportunities for the Skating Rink Committee and Hall Maintenance.
• Please stay tuned for more details on a Community Potluck Barbeque to be held at Snoopy‘s on September 17th, 5:00pm.
Watch for a new newsletter in September, and our community website. Look below for other ways you can stay in touch.
Please, get involved and help us make Southview even better!
George Harris | President, SouthviewYYC | firstname.lastname@example.org